Sunflower is one of the fastest growing oilseed crops in India. It occupies fourth place among oilseed crops in terms of acreage and production. Farmers find sunflower as a highly profitable crop, especially in Southern peninsula, consisting of Northern Karnataka, Marathwada and Rayalseema, where the crop is largely cultivated under rainfed conditions during late kharif/rabi season. Due to its short duration, it ideally is sown more between August and October. Karnataka accounts for nearly half the area under sunflower in the country.
Sunflower oil is considered as premium when compared to other vegetable oils. Sunflower is the oil of preference among the consumers the world over due to its health appeal and in India too, sunflower oil is the largest selling oil in the branded oil segment. Sunflower is also a crop of choice for farmers due to its wider adaptability, high yield potential, shorter duration and profitability.
Nuziveedu Seeds aims to enrich the potential of this already highly popular and winner of a crop. Keeping the specific customer in mind who cultivate this crop Nuziveedu Seeds is developing new seed products that will offer
- High yielding hybrids with high oil percentage
- Tolerance to biotic & abiotic stresses.
- Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is an annual plant native to the Americas.
- The sunflower plant can grow from 3 to 18 feet tall.
- Sunflower oil, is used for cooking, as a carrier oil and to produce margarine and biodiesel.
- The oil cake is used as a livestock feed.
- A single sunflower can have up to 2000 seeds.
Sunflower : Sunlight – NSFH 1001
|Plant Height (cm)||:||170 – 190|
|Days to 50% flowering||:||
|Grain Colour & Size||:||Black bold grains|
|Head diameter (cm)||:||16 – 18|
|100 seed weight (g)||:||5.0 – 5.5|
|Head Orientation||:||Bent – Semi bent|
|USP’s/ Special features||:||