Nuziveedu Seeds has thoroughly researched the needs of farmers and accordingly designs its products and services that prove to be highly beneficial for them. We are emphasizing on rural development in the dimensions – economic, educational, ecological and spiritual and thus making a positive impact on the welfare of the society.
- Our seeds help improve yields thereby giving farmers greater return for the same area of cropped land. Our scientists develop products which are suitable for various agro-climatic zones which serve the purpose of different categories of farmers However all our products have a common trait of providing high yield.
- We are the largest hybrid seed company (in terms of volumes of Bt cotton seed packets sold in 2009-10). The production and area of land under cotton and productivity for the last 10 years is shown below.
The benefits of the following agronomic practices, which our scientist has perfected, after a rigorous trials and tests, have proved to be economically beneficial to our farmers.
- Increased plant density of cotton and maize Plantation, which results in higher production of cotton
- Increasing Profits to Farmers- The Farmers are earning 20-22% additional income due to increased plant productivity. Therefore, 35% of the farmers of Maharashtra have adopted this technology and have shown a high degree of satisfaction by using it *.
- Increasing Value of Indian Seed Industry- Increasing seed rate leads to planting more seed per unit area which ultimately will increase value of seed industry.
- Increasing Cotton Production of India- Today about 35% farmers are adopting our innovations. Additionally due to improved Bt hybrids, India has replaced USA to take the position of 2nd largest cotton producer.* *
- Reduced Cost of Cultivation- Due to decreased seed rate per acre, the seed cost goes down and hence increasing profit to the farmer.
- Increased Production- Due to low seed rate, the plants get sufficient space to grow and the crop yield increases due to improved tillering.
- Improved Seed Replacement Ratio (“SRR”) – The cost of research in paddy seeds has become reduced due to decreased seed rate. This, we believe, has motivated the farmers to shift from sowing farm saved seed to research paddy and hence increasing the SRR of paddy crop in India.
- Saving of Grain- By adopting this technology, we believe a farmer can save 50kg seed per hectare. We believe that this concept has the potential to save nearly 2.2 million tons of grain per year for the country which can be used to feed our burgeoning population * * *.
Improved Price realized by Farmers for their production through better quality of Produce-
After introduction of Bt, Cotton, the yield of cotton has increased and the farmer is realizing more profit per acre. Besides, cotton prices have also increased in the last 10 years. As a result farmers have realized getter price due to good quality of produce e.g. two of our products Bunny and Mallika helped the farmers to fetch good price for the long fibers. Hence farmers realized enhanced income.
It is estimated that increased productivity due to superior hybrids and new technology in corn and cotton alone contributes to more than Rs. 30000 Crore additional income to farmers annually in rural India.
Nuziveedu Seeds has built a farmer Integrated Model, a unique proposition, under which the company has set up a National cotton Corporation and a textile company through which it buys back produce of the farmers offering them a ready market for their produce. The quantity of Cotton purchased by Nuziveedu Seeds Textile has been around 9-10 lakh quintals of cotton helping farmers market their produce and reducing holding cost and wastages. Ven