Nuziveedu Seeds Limited (NSL) India’s largest hybrid seed – company, (in terms of sales of hybrid seeds to Indian farmers in 2015 – 2016) NSL has been recognized as the largest Bio Agri company by Biospectrum survey of Agricultural Biotechnology companies in India consecutively for the past eight years since 2009. * believes that it has played an important role in Indian agriculture by developing and supplying quality hybrids and varietal seeds to millions of farmers. Nuziveedu Seeds, which was originally established as a part of NSL Group, has served Indian farmers for more than four decades. The company has its presence in 20 states and markets approximately 150 varieties of seed products to more than 5.5 million farmers across the country.
The genesis of the NSL Group was laid by the visionary entrepreneur, Sri Mandava Venkatramaiah, who in 1971, foresaw the opportunity of the agriculture sector and the value of hybrid cotton seeds in the Indian cotton produce market. Being inspired by his deep conviction in the cotton seed technology and his vision to make the hybrid cotton seed available to cotton, Sri Venkataramaiah started Nuziveedu Seeds Limited in 1973 as a proprietary enterprise. Sri VenkatRamaiah is a Post graduate in agricultural sciences and himself an enterprising farmer, thus laid foundation for the NSL as a company and also the NSL group which itself originated from NSL.
NSL was transformed by his son Mr M Prabhakar Rao who took over the reins of NSL in 1982. Under his dynamic leadership, Nuziveedu Seeds scaled new heights by becoming the largest hybrid seed company in India (in terms of volumes of Bt cotton seed packets sold in 2015-16). Today, the company is widely recognized for its contribution to the cotton revolution of the country. Almost a quarter (20-25%)* of the total cotton production in the country can be traced to the cotton seeds developed by NSL. Besides Cotton, NSL has also developed strong R&D programs for breeding cereals and vegetables in the past two decades. Today it has emerged as one of the leading producer and processor of seeds for field crops such as Paddy, Corn, Sorghum, Pearl millet, Sunflower and Vegetable crops. With excellence in plant breeding, NSL has developed superior products of improved hybrids and varieties across 27 crops including 17 vegetable crops. Nearly 100000+ seed producers who implement their seed production programs basedon Quality assurance and standard operating procedures, supply seeds to NSL, which are processed and packed for the market by one of the largest supply chain in the Indian seed industry. NSL has developed a decentralized processing, warehousing and logistics network through its 11 processing plants, 35000 MT of conditioned storage and nearly ~80000 sqft of ambient storage for supply of its seed products to a wide network of 2500 distributors and 50000+ retailers.
Most Preferred Seed Brand. Always.
Our Business Philosophy
- To develop the best hybrids to suit the farmer’s needs.
- To maintain and improve the quality standards across all products.
- To ensure consistent and timely supply to the market.
- To maintain harmonious relationship with growers, trade, suppliers and farmers.
- To create a working atmosphere to enable the employees grow and prosper.
- To imbibe the philosophy and values of the company in the employees
Fast Facts about Nuziveedu Seeds
- Nuziveedu Seeds Limited was established in 1973
- Nuziveedu Seeds Limited is the largest hybrid seed company in India (in terms of volumes of Bt cotton seed packets sold in 2015-16)*
- Nuziveedu Seeds is also a market leader in hybrid Cotton seed and Research Paddy seed.
- Blackstone GPV Capital Partners Mauritius V‐C Limited invested in Nuziveedu Seeds in 2010
- Acquired Prabhat Agri Biotech Limited, Pravardhan Seeds Private Limited and Yaaganti Seeds Private Limited in 2011, 2010, 2010 respectively.
- Nuziveedu Seeds is proud to possess the highest number of GEAC (Genetic Engineering Approval Committee) approvals for biosafety and commercialization of GM Cotton hybrids.